qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 24/38] cpu-exec: reset mmap_lock after exiting the

From: Emilio G. Cota
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 24/38] cpu-exec: reset mmap_lock after exiting the CPU loop
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 17:16:48 -0400

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 19:01:39 -0700, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> On 23/08/2015 17:23, Emilio G. Cota wrote:
> > Otherwise after an exception we end up in a deadlock.
>
> Can you explain better the path that exits cpu_exec with the lock taken?

In fact I cannot :-) So please ignore this patch.

I wrote this while rebasing my code on top of your mttcg branch,
and then it was needed. However, patch 01/38 (which I wrote after
writing this patch) was the right fix, and I forgot to check whether
this patch was still necessary--turns out it wasn't.

> Also, let's remove the recursive locking by introducing "mmap_lock()
> already taken" variants of target_mprotect and target_mmap.

Will do.

Thanks,

                Emilio