qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding secondary ARM processor

From: Peter Crosthwaite
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Adding secondary ARM processor
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 10:45:55 -0700

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 10:19 AM, mar.krzeminski
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have board with A9 processor (playing with vexpress model),
> for test I want to also add to this setup M3 processor.
> The problem is that secondary CPU sees the same device (eg. UART) with
> different address.

How far into the boot are you? Does A9 have MMU turned on?

info mtree from the monitor should show the view of the address maps.
Anything weird there?

> I can not figure out, how should I do that. Is it possible in qemu?

Yes it should be possible.

> If yes, could you point me where I should start to look at it?

xlnx-zynqmp board, which does something similar with A53 and R5. It is
mixed with a combo of MMU and no-MMU capable CPUs.

Regards,
Peter