qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ipxe-devel] EFI_PXE_BASE_CODE_PROTOCOL

From: Michael Brown
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ipxe-devel] EFI_PXE_BASE_CODE_PROTOCOL
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 16:07:02 +0100

On 07/09/15 15:58, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
This is generated by a script which does also copy the kernels to the
tftproot, there are more simliar entries for more RHEL versions but this
should be enough to get the idea ...

First entry actually works.  Second does not, but I'm hoping some day it
does.  Probably depends on how grub actually tries to fetches the files,
i.e. whenever the full http url is passed on to ipxe somehow so it can
do its magic.

The file is simply placed as "grub.cfg" in tftproot, next to grubx64.efi

Thanks. From my experiments, it seems that GRUB is using the hardcoded path /efi/boot/grub.cfg to locate the configuration file, regardless of where grub.efi was loaded from.

I can't immediately see where in the GRUB source this path gets derived.

Michael