qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM CPU affinities

From: Pavel Fedin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM CPU affinities
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 18:36:29 +0300

 Hello!

> I think we'll need to cache mpidr in the vcpu data in order to properly
> reset it.

 We already have it in our data. I took a quick look at that, but kernel needs
patching. IIRC reset
for secondary vCPUs happens inside kernel's PSCI code, before primary tells it
to start up. You
cannot separate these two events.
 In a short: you can use KVM_SET_ONE_REG for the MPIDR, and the value will go
into kernel, but as
soon as you call KVM_VCPU_RUN for the secondary, it gets reset.

> Got your mail, replying not only to you, but also the list though,

 And my emails do not go to the list indeed... Don't understand why.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia