qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] phys_page_find() returning &sections[PHYS_SECTION_UNASSIGNE

From: Programmingkid
Subject: [Qemu-devel] phys_page_find() returning &sections[PHYS_SECTION_UNASSIGNED]
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 20:00:19 -0500

I'm having problems with the pci_dma_read() function. When using a Mac OS X
guest, the data that this function returns is all zeros. After doing a lot of
instruction tracing, I tracked the problem to a function called
phys_page_find(). It always returns &sections[PHYS_SECTION_UNASSIGNED]. What I
would like to know is what is an unassigned section? How is memory suppose to
be assigned?

The pci_dma_read() function call I'm tracking takes place in rtl8139.c in case
anyone would like to know.