qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] cgroup blkio weight has no effect for qemu

From: 陈博
Subject: [Qemu-devel] cgroup blkio weight has no effect for qemu
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 16:18:52 +0800

Hi folks,

Could you please enlighten me about how to achieve proportional IO sharing by using cgroup, instead of qemu?

My qemu config is like: -drive file=$DISKFILe,if=none,format=qcow2,cache=none,aio=native

Test command inside vm is like: dd if=/dev/vdc of=/dev/null iflag=direct

Cgroup blkio weight of the qemu process is properly configured as well.

But no matter how change the proportion, such as vm1=400 and vm2=100, I can only get the equal IO speed.

Wondering cgroup blkio.weight or blkio.weight_device has no effect for qemu???

PS. cache=writethrough aio=threads is also tested, the same results.

- Bob