qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Collaborating on a QEMU wall poster

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Collaborating on a QEMU wall poster
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 08:09:32 +0000

Hi,
I'm decorating my office and would like to hang up a QEMU poster.  So
I thought it would be fun to create a poster and have it printed.

The poster design is free and open.  I've chosen the following to make
collaboration easy and fit with the official QEMU logo:

License: Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
(https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)
File format: Inkscape SVG

Anyone who wants a copy can download the design files under Creative
Commons.  There are online printering companies who can do the
following:

Dimensions: A1 (594 x 841 mm, 23.4 x 33.1 in) or B1 (707 x 1000 mm,
27.8 x 39.4 in)
Estimated price: 15 USD, 13 EUR, 10 GBP, 95 CNY

I am working on a "QEMU architecture" poster which will show the main
internal components (TCG, UI, device emulation, etc) in a diagram.

My progress so far is just a placeholder:
https://github.com/stefanha/qemu-poster

The next step is to choose a visual theme (colors, boxes, fonts, etc)
and start arranging a nice architecture diagram.

Other poster ideas are welcome and I'd be happy to host them in my
repo.  A QEMU timeline would be cool, showing when major features and
architectures were added since the beginning (2003?).

Stefan