qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Implementing 9p for Windows host

From: Michael Fritscher
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Implementing 9p for Windows host
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 16:37:11 +0200

Hello Greg,

thanks for your answer! Yes, I already jumped in - I was surprised how fast it went. I was afraid of much bigger problems ;-) I've a already a V2 nearly ready :-) As a teaser: Fixed read/write support and the possibility to execute binaries from the mountpoint.

Yes, I decided not to copy the 9p-local.c, because I had to change not as many places I thought in the first place.

I'm wondering about the xattr stuff... Perhaps I try to remove the <sys/xattr.h> from hw/9pfs/9p-xattr.h and #ifdef the things which are broken afterwards. That would have the advantage that I don't have to have local function stubs in the 9p-local.c anymore.

To the licence: I asked because I know that other projects have a formal process to cope with this - like a written agreement to be bound to the license.

Best regards,
Michael

--
ZfT - Zentrum für Telematik e.V.
Michael Fritscher

Vorstand:
Prof. Dr. Klaus Schilling, Hans-Joachim Leistner
Sitz: Gerbrunn
USt.-ID Nr.: DE 257 244 580, Steuer-Nr.:  257/111/70203
Amtsgericht Würzburg, Vereinsregister-Nr.: VR 200 167