qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Move autoconverge out of experimental?

From: Jason J. Herne
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Move autoconverge out of experimental?
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 09:28:34 -0400

On 04/19/2016 02:39 AM, Amit Shah wrote:
Hi Jason,

We've had the new autoconverge features enabled for a full release
now, what are your thoughts on dropping the x- ?

Some factors I consider are direct user feedback, changes to the
functionality / API, and higher-level user feedback (like libvirt).  I
believe libvirt is now using the new options, and they've not
complained.  So we could be ready to drop the x- prefix.

Thoughts?

                Amit

Hi Amit,

Yes, I agree with you. We can probably drop the x-. The new autoconverge behavior was actually "in place" for the entire release. It was only the new commands to adjust throttling parameters that were marked as experimental. It is great that no one found any bugs. Let's hope it stays that way :)

--
-- Jason J. Herne (address@hidden)