qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Bug (Regression?) in hw/usb/hcd-uhci.c causes failure o

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Bug (Regression?) in hw/usb/hcd-uhci.c causes failure of ICH9 host controller and attached Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 08:44:23 +0200

On Mi, 2016-04-20 at 22:13 +0100, Joe Clifford wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm not a coder by any stretch of the imagination so I don't have a
> patch unfortunately however, this commit:
>
> https://github.com/qemu/qemu/commit/5f77e06baa84323e5bbc96c2c7f4fe627078b210
>
> causes the failure of the ICH9 Universal Host Controller - 2934 and the
> attached "Microsoft Common Controller For Windows Class"->"Xbox 360
> Wireless Receiver for Windows" which is a pass-through usb device
> attached to a Q35 Windows 7 x64 VM running on a Debian Jessie host.
>
> Reverting this commit on current master (as of today) fixes the problem.
>
> I spent some time today bisecting the git master code to find this.
>
> If you require any more information for debugging, please just let me know.

Hmm, quick attempt to reproduce locally failed (slightly different
device though, a microsoft nano receiver for a mouse).  It's also not
obvious how that commit breaks usb devices.

Does the device show up in device manager?
If so:  It probably has a yellow exclamation mark?
Any error description?

Can you send the "lsusb -v" output of the device?

cheers,
  Gerd