qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Bug (Regression?) in hw/usb/hcd-uhci.c causes failure o

From: joe
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Bug (Regression?) in hw/usb/hcd-uhci.c causes failure of ICH9 host controller and attached Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 11:32:06 +0100

On 2016-04-22 11:04, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
Hi,

Starting the guest VM with the UHCI debug patch and the device unplugged
results in these two lines just after it starts:

uhci_handle_td: invalid pid token 0x0, raising HCPERR
uhci_handle_td: invalid pid token 0x0, raising HCPERR

and then the same line repeated 18 times once the Windows desktop is
reached and the device is plugged in.

Think I've nailed it.  Can you fetch the latest version of the git
branch (fyi: it's rebased) and try again?

thanks,
  Gerd

Yep, you nailed it!

I've applied https://www.kraxel.org/cgit/qemu/commit/?h=work/usb-uhci-usb-host-debug&id=c69e5efac15db4340b880c80f27ebe536acd1aeb to my local copy of current qemu git master and the problem no longer exists.

The stderr debugging output is also beautifully silent :)

Awesome work, many thanks.

Joe