qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Simultaneous vhostfds= and ifname= options

From: Michał Dubiel
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Simultaneous vhostfds= and ifname= options
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 15:59:21 +0200

Hi all,

Any thoughts to share on that?

Thanks,
Michal

On 15 April 2016 at 18:50, Michał Dubiel <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi guys,

Qemu does not allow currently to use vhostfds= and ifname= options of -netdev tap... at the same time. In order to use vhostfds=, you have to also use fds= instead. May ask you what is rationale behind that?

I am asking as we need this for the OpenContrail vRouter multiqueue support. We are passing name of previously created tap, and vhost-net device descriptors (which are supplied by the libvirt).

Actually I have internally a very simple patch that allows for simultaneous vhostfds= and ifname=. All seems to work fine with this, but perhaps there is something I do not know and this combination of options indeed should not be allowed.

If there is no issues with allowing for that, I could contribute it.

Regards,
Michal