qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qcow2 resize with snapshots

From: zhangzhiming
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qcow2 resize with snapshots
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 10:52:39 +0800

thank you for your reply, and i am so sorry, there are some problems with my email @163.com
it returned me some error and i thought that my email send failed.
so, really sorry. this is my second email. i will use this one.

zhangzhiming

On May 6, 2016, at 7:20 PM, Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 06.05.2016 um 07:57 hat zhangzhiming geschrieben:
hi, i want to implement the function of qcow2 resize which has snapshots.
each snapshot of qcow2 will have a separate total size, and when apply a snapshot,
the image can be shrunk, and the total size of image will change after apply to a snapshot
with different size.
now, there is a disk_size value in struct QcowSnapshot, i only need to change the size of current active
image layer when apply a snapshot with different size, and the io request will be limit in the range of active layer.

and i want my code merged into the master of qemu.
please give me some comments. thanks.

You asked the same a week ago, and I replied you there:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-05/msg00178.html

In order to keep meaningful email threading, please reply to that mail
if you need more information.

Kevin