qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Automated testing of block/gluster.c with upstream Gluster

From: Niels de Vos
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Automated testing of block/gluster.c with upstream Gluster
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:02:09 +0200

Hi,

it seems we broke the block/gluster.c functionality with a recent patch
in upstream Gluster. In order to prevent this from happening in the
future, I would like to setup a Jenkins job that installs a plan CentOS
with its version of QEMU, and nightly builds of upstream Gluster.
Getting a notification about breakage the day after a patch got merged
seems like a reasonable approach.

The test should at least boot the generic CentOS cloud image (slightly
modified with libguestfs) and return a success/fail. I am wondering if
there are automated tests like this already, and if I could (re)use some
of the scripts for it. At the moment, I am thinking to so it like this:
 - download the image [1]
 - set kernel parameters to output on the serial console
 - add a auto-login user/script
 - have the script write "bootup complete" or something
 - have the script poweroff the VM
 - script that started the VM checks for the "bootup complete" message
 - return success/fail

Ideas and suggestions for running more heavy I/O in the VM are welcome
too.

Thanks,
Niels

1. http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/images/