qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] fix incorrect identify implementation in nvme

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] fix incorrect identify implementation in nvme
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 08:48:56 +0200

Keith Busch <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 09:42:13PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>> Third resent of this series after this didn't get picked up the
>> previous times.  The Qemu NVMe implementation mistakes the cns
>> field in the Identify command as a boolean.  This was never
>> true, and is actively harmful since NVMe1.1 (which the Qemu
>> device claims to support) supports more than two Identify variants.
>>
>> We had to add a quirk in Linux to work around this behavior.
>
> Yes, these are great. Do we need to ping a maintainer to go through
> their tree, or can this be applied immediately? If need be, I can apply
> and send a pull request.

$ scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f hw/block/nvme.c
Keith Busch <address@hidden> (supporter:nvme)
Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> (supporter:Block layer core)
Max Reitz <address@hidden> (supporter:Block layer core)
address@hidden (open list:nvme)
address@hidden (open list:All patches CC here)

Send a pull request (assuming you have a properly signed PGP key).