qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] (no subject)

From: Stephen Bates
Subject: [Qemu-devel] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 16:23:16 -0500

Hi

I sent this to qemu-discuss with no success so resending to qemu-devel.

I am doing some very low level OS design work and wanted to be able to
alter some values in the physical memory of my QEMU guest. I can see quite
a few ways to print/dump both physical and virtual addresses but nothing
that can alter arbitrary physical/virtual addresses?

Does such a feature exist in Qemu and if it does are there pointers to
documentation for it?

I do see that we can use file backing for very large memory regions via
the memory-backing-file option but I am not really trying to alter massive
regions of memory in this case.

Cheers

Stephen Bates