qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU dtc submodule

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU dtc submodule
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 14:04:47 +0100

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:42:40AM +0200, Alexander Graf wrote:
> On 09/22/2016 10:11 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 12:44:59 +0100
> > Leon Alrae <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > What's the procedure to update / who can update QEMU's dtc mirror
> > > git://git.qemu.org/dtc.git which is used as submodule?
> > >
> > > There's a patch series relying on the dtc v1.4.2 tag:
> > > https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2016-09/msg01815.html
> > > but the dtc mirror is outdated and that tag is not there.
> > Last time, Alex Graf was taking care of the update request from me:
> >
> > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-ppc/2015-05/msg00232.html
> >
> > ... so maybe he could help here? If not, try to ask in #qemu IRC
> > channel, I'm pretty sure that Stefan, Peter or somebody else can help
> > here.
>
> Yes, poke on IRC. Stefan used to handle the git sync, but IIUC he passed
> that on. Once the sync is there, just send a patch that changes the
> submodule reference.

Hi Guys,
Jeff Cody is the QEMU systems administrator.  He can adjust git mirrors
for qit.qemu-project.org.

Leon: Please give the git URL and branch that should be mirrored.  It
cannot be a tag since that is immutable.  Instead it should be the
dtc development/release tree that will be updated in the future.

Stefan