qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] alpha platform is missing files after initrd load

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] alpha platform is missing files after initrd load
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 11:08:13 +0000

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 12:45:37PM +0200, Dennis Luehring wrote:
> qemu: 2.7.x (git head)
> platform: Alpha (Clipper)

Two options:

1. Not many people use Alpha.  You may need to debug this yourself by
   learning about the Linux alpha boot protocol (where the initramfs is
   loaded and how big that region of memory may be).  Then you can
   verify the memory contents after QEMU has loaded the
   kernel/initramfs using monitor commands to read memory.  You may need
   to look at QEMU's kernel/initramfs loading code to see what it's
   doing.

2. If it worked in a previous QEMU version, please use git-bisect(1) to
   find out which commit broke it.

Good luck!