qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Need help - new PCIe device file

From: Basavaraj Kaladagi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Need help - new PCIe device file
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 04:34:16 -0500

Hi All,

As part of my research work, I have developed a new PCIe device that can be
used in experiments on PCIe connected hardware accelerators.

Currently I have kept the device file in hw/misc.The device interacts with
a host program,
and I have written a sample program which will give an example as to how to
interact with the device.

I was not sure where to keep this sample code file, in case I want to
submit a patch to QEMU.

I have seen that ivshmem has some example code in contrib directory
(ivshmem-client/ivshmem-server), please let me know if it is the correct
place to keep sample code.

Thank you,
Basu