qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 000/180] QAPI patches for 2017-01-16

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 000/180] QAPI patches for 2017-01-16
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 16:43:03 +0000

On 17 January 2017 at 14:23, Markus Armbruster <address@hidden> wrote:
> Peter Maydell <address@hidden> writes:
>> As an aside, how useful is the PDF output anyway? In 2017
>> there seems to me quite a good argument for just creating
>> HTML...
>
> We do generate HTML.  We also generate PDF.  It's better for printing
> (if you're so inclined), and it costs us next to nothing: a couple of
> lines in the top-level Makefile.

Mmm, but in thinking about other possible document formats
it would be interesting to know whether not producing PDF
would be a dealbreaker or just dropping a feature that three
people use...

In any case, applied this pullreq to master. Interestingly
there were no signs of the "unlikely character" warnings
this time around.

thanks
-- PMM