qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/2] Disable hotplug during migration

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/2] Disable hotplug during migration
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 21:50:23 +0100

Hi

This series disable hotplug/unplug during migration.  Thank to Markus
for explaining where I had to put the checks.  Why?  Because during
migration we will fail if there are changes.  For instance, in
postcopy, if we add a memory region, we would failing.  Same for other
devices if they are not setup exactly the same on destination.

Iidea would be to disable it, andthen enable for the thing that we know that
work.

This series are on top of my previous RAMState v2 serie.

Commets, please?

Thanks, Juan.

Juan Quintela (2):
  migration: Disable hotplug/unplug during migration
  ram: remove migration_bitmap_extend()

 exec.c                  |  1 -
 hw/core/qdev.c          |  5 +++++
 include/exec/ram_addr.h |  2 --