qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Proposal for deprecating unsupported host OSes & archit

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Proposal for deprecating unsupported host OSes & architecutures
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 17:32:40 +0100

On 26 March 2017 at 10:16, Knut Omang <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-03-25 at 21:15 +0000, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> On 25 March 2017 at 20:49, Knut Omang <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >
>> > Can we please keep the Sparc support in for a while still?
>>
>> Yes, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz and the Debian Project have
>> kindly provided me with access to a Sparc box. I'm planning
>> to send a patch that puts sparc into the 'supported'
>> category before 2.9 release.
>
> good to hear!

It occurred to me that it might be helpful to point out that
support of Solaris as a host OS is a separate thing and is
still in the 'unsupported' category. (It's also quite high
on the list of stuff to drop because I suspect it's broken
and it's one of the things making a mess of our configure code.)

thanks
-- PMM