qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fix build break during configuration on musl-libc based

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fix build break during configuration on musl-libc based Linux systems.
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 19:36:48 +0100

On 6 April 2017 at 19:15, Rainer Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
> A bit late to this thread, but the original problem was also reported
> for Mac OS X with --enable-curses in MacPorts. The build fails with the
> same symptoms as in the original report.
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/53929
>
> As you identified, the problem is that ncurses expects the define
> _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 500 to enable the wide-char function declarations.
>
> The solution to retain access to non-standard API on Mac OS X would be
> to also define _DARWIN_C_SOURCE which enables extensions.

Thanks for the report. I have a feeling that fixing this bug
got lost somewhere -- there was a long thread about it but I
don't think an actual patch ever came out of it :-(

At this point (very near to release of 2.9) I think I'd rather
postpone fixing this until after release. It should be possible
to work around it with an --extra-cflags configure setting,
and our current behaviour is something we've had for many
releases now.

thanks
-- PMM