qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] WinDbg module

From: Mihail Abakumov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] WinDbg module
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 12:32:12 +0300

Stefan Weil писал 2017-04-12 20:55:
Am 12.04.2017 um 18:30 schrieb Roman Kagan:
On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 05:05:45PM +0300, Mihail Abakumov wrote:
Hello.

We made the debugger module WinDbg (like GDB) for QEMU. This is the
replacement of the remote stub in Windows kernel. Used for remote Windows
kernel debugging without debugging mode.

The latest build and instructions for the launch can be found here:
https://github.com/ispras/qemu/releases/tag/v2.7.50-windbg

Currently only one ways to create a remote debugging connection is
supported: using COM port with named pipe.

Should I prepare patches for inclusion in the master branch? Or is it too
specific module and it is not needed?

Please do!

Every once in a while dealing with a Windows guest problem I wished I
had this.  We at Virtuozzo looked into doing something like this but
never got around to.

Thanks,
Roman.

Hello Mihail,

from the previous answers you can see that there is a
need for WinDbg support.

If you want to prepare patches for the official QEMU,
you need signed commits from all developers who contributed
(Dmitry Koltunov and you?).

Make also sure that no licensed code (for example extracts
from MS header files) gets added.

See http://wiki.qemu-project.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch for
more hints.

As far as I saw, WinDbg support adds several thousand lines
of code. Do you want to support that code after it has been
included in QEMU?

Cheers
Stefan

Yes, of course. We can support it.