qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sh4 -M r2d serial is broken.

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-sh4 -M r2d serial is broken.
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 21:00:52 +0200

On 2017-05-18 11:08, Rob Landley wrote:
> Serial input hangs after the first character in the 4.11 kernel:
>
>   http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-sh/msg51183.html
>
> Because they enabled support for a buffer size thing QEMU doesn't
> emulate right:
>
>   http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-sh/msg51189.html

Indeed the SCIF emulation in QEMU is quite limited. The problem is that
it exposes many internal states to the software (and that's the same for
the SH4 CPU in general), and that's not really compatible with quick
emulation. In that case the timer should depend on the baud rate which
we don't really emulate.

I'll try to have a look, that said my test environment is stuck with
kernel 4.8 due to the broken futex support on UP in kernel 4.9 (and
that's not QEMU specific). I'll try to build a more recent kernel with
additional patches.

Aurelien

address@hidden                 http://www.aurel32.net