qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Looking for ideas: Single process vs multi process qemu ins

From: Ajallooiean Hossein
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Looking for ideas: Single process vs multi process qemu instances
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 11:46:20 +0000

Hi All,

we are trying to do server simulation and for that purpose we need to have
multiple Qemu instances (each can have a different spec) that are part of a
virtual network (ns-3 in our case).

Now for the Qemu implementation part: would it be easier/better to have all the
Qemu instances under a single process or multiple processes? i am assuming if
one single process is used, there will be a threading conflict that would
probably need to be looked at.

I am looking at this purely from a management/performance view.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Hoss