qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Floating point unit bugs

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] Floating point unit bugs
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 17:28:52 +0100

On 21 June 2017 at 17:27, G 3 <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Jun 21, 2017, at 12:20 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> We don't yet have any mechanism for having tests that need to
>> be compiled for the target architecture, do we?
>

> I don't know about that but I do know we have image files that can be booted
> in various guest. These image files could include tests like the floating
> point test.
>
> Here is the link to the test images page:
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Testing/System_Images

Yes -- those are almost all very out of date, not reproducible
at all and don't cover very many of our systems, because we
don't have a good mechanism for writing tests that need
to be built for the target architecture. I'd like us to
have a setup so that it's easy to say "just add a new test",
rather than accumulating more random images on the wiki...

thanks
-- PMM