qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 00/29] postcopy+vhost-user/shared ram

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 00/29] postcopy+vhost-user/shared ram
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 11:51:33 +0100

* Marc-André Lureau (address@hidden) wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 8:56 PM Dr. David Alan Gilbert <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > * Dr. David Alan Gilbert (git) (address@hidden) wrote:
> > > From: "Dr. David Alan Gilbert" <address@hidden>
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >   This is a RFC/WIP series that enables postcopy migration
> > > with shared memory to a vhost-user process.
> > > It's based off current-head + Juan's load_cleanup series, and
> > > Alexey's bitmap series (v4).  It's very lightly tested and seems
> > > to work, but it's quite rough.
> >
> > Marc-André asked if I had a git with it all applied; so here we are:
> > https://github.com/dagrh/qemu/commits/vhost
> > address@hidden:dagrh/qemu.git on the vhost branch
> >

> I started looking at the series, but I am not familiar with ufd/postcopy.
> Could you update vhost-user.txt to describe the new messages? Otherwise,
> make check hangs in /x86_64/vhost-user/connect-fail (might be an unrelated
> regression?) Thanks

OK, figured that one out;  it was a cleanup path for the postcopy
notifier trying to remove the notifier when because we were testing a
failure path the notifier hadn't been added in the first place.

(That was really nasty to find, for some reason those tests refuse to
generate core dumps; I ended up with a while loop doing gdb --pid
$(pgrep....) to nail the qemu that was about to seg)

Dave