qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Status and RFC of patchew testings on QEMU

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Status and RFC of patchew testings on QEMU
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 10:37:30 +0100

On 18 July 2017 at 10:11, Thomas Huth <address@hidden> wrote:
> Could the test be rewritten to provide a proper timeout handling
> instead? Tests should clearly fail after a while instead of hanging
> forever...
> Or maybe we could add some magic that the troublesome tests are not
> executed if a certain environment variable is set, so we could skip them
> in these automated setups here?

I think it's always going to be possible that some bug in
QEMU results in a test hanging -- so it must be down to
the test harness to deal with hanging tests. And then
once you have that functionality in the test harness it
doesn't matter quite so much whether an individual test
has its own timeout handling or not.

thanks
-- PMM