qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] big endian arm.

From: KONRAD Frederic
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] big endian arm.
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 15:53:58 +0200

On 08/11/2017 01:29 PM, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote:
Hi Frederic,

I'm slowly working on Hercules MCU peripherals and use a R4F core.

It seems that when I try to load a big endian image on a
Cortex-R5 it gets confused:
  * the instructions are fine it executes some code.

So far no problem here

  * GDB address / insns are wrong endianness.

Maybe I didn't hit this problem since I use the same setup than with openocd/real cpu with the following .gdbinit:

     set architecture armv5te
     set arm fpu vfp
     set endian big
     set remote hardware-breakpoint-limit 6
     set breakpoint auto-hw on
     set displaced-stepping on

  * in monitor x command is good endianness.
  * the data order seems to be wrong endianness:
    Here is my Hello World: lleHlroW

Indeed I hit a similar problem and found that memory::access_with_adjusted_size() has some issues, I could never finish the unit-tests but this is the first entry on my 2.11 TODO.

I'll send as RFC.

Hi Philippe,

It would be nice!

Thanks!