qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] question: I found a bug which will lead to qemu crash

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] question: I found a bug which will lead to qemu crash
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 13:37:22 +0200

Am 12.09.2017 um 13:17 hat WangJie (Captain) geschrieben:
> Hi, Kevin.
>
> I found a bug about qemu-kvm(version 2.7.0-rc0 adn 2.8.1). but qemu 2.6.0 and
> current master is OK.
> So I git-bisect the master branch,and I found the patch you commited (block:
> Decouple throttling from BlockDriverState) lead the bug into qemu.
>
> The patch which lead the bug into qemu:
> (https://github.com/qemu/qemu/commit/7ca7f0f6db1fedd28d490795d778cf23979a2aa7#diff-ea36ba0f79150cc299732696a069caba)
>
> Because the current master is OK. So I think you had fixed it , can you tell
> me which patch fixed the bug?        Thank you :>

I can't tell offhand which fix this was, but you can use 'git bisect'
not only to find which commit introduced the bug, but also to find the
fix. You just bisect between a broken commit and master, and then use
the reversed meaning of 'good' and 'bad' (i.e. 'good' means that the bug
is still there, 'bad' means it is already fixed).

Kevin