qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ivshmem Windows Driver

From: Yan Vugenfirer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ivshmem Windows Driver
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 15:24:33 +0300

> On 15 Oct 2017, at 15:21, address@hidden wrote:
>
> Hi Yan,
>
> Thank you for the information. I am rather new to Windows Driver development
> and learning as I go, so this may take some time, but since the driver only
> needs to perform very basic functions I do not see this as being too much of
> a challenge.

I think you can look into Windows virtio-balloon implementation as an example
of simple driver:
https://github.com/virtio-win/kvm-guest-drivers-windows/tree/master/Balloon

It relies on virtio library
(https://github.com/virtio-win/kvm-guest-drivers-windows/tree/master/VirtIO)
and it is WDF driver (MS framework that simplifies the drivers development)
that makes it very simple.