qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SDL2 issues

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SDL2 issues
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 12:29:02 +0200

On Fri, 2017-10-20 at 13:05 +0300, Michael Tokarev wrote:
> Hello
>
> After we tried to switch from SDL1 to SDL2 in Debian qemu,
> we receives quite some reports about various issues.
>
> We use 2.10.1 version of qemu.
>
> Example of the issues: http://bugs.debian.org/879193

Doesn't reproduce.

> http://bugs.debian.org/870025 - a few patches at the bottom

Those patches should go to the mailing list.

> http://bugs.debian.org/878087

Yes, -k is simply not supported with sdl2.
Those remappings should be done in the guest instead.

> What's the status of SDL2 support in qemu? I've seen it is
> the default now if SDL2 is present on the system (it was
> SDL1 before).

Yep.  Long term I want drop SDL1, this is the first step.

> Also, what's the status of SDL _audio_ support, is it needed
> at all once we have alsa, pa and oss?

Dunno how well mixing sdl display with non-sdl audio works.  Feel free
to send a patch dropping sdl audio to the list to check what people
think about that ;)

cheers,
  Gerd