qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Inter Shared Memory ( Ivshmem ) : Cannot Bind

From: Rogue S.T
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Inter Shared Memory ( Ivshmem ) : Cannot Bind
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 15:03:34 +0800 (CST)

Hello, friends.
I encounter a problem when i use ivshmem with my guest, my ivshmem server is
not start, and output a error : Example code, do not use in production ,cannot
bind.

Detail distribution:
Today, I know ivshmem from a topic "QEMU version 2.10.93 User Documentation",
Ivshmem: it can create a shared memory that guest device use, so we can use
this memory to do something ourselves.
First, I create host memory backend:
     -object
memory-backend-file,size=1M,share,mem-path=/dev/shm/ivshmem,id=hostmem
Twice, Bind a shared memory device to my guest:
    -device ivshmem-plain,memdev=hostmem
Then I boot ivshmem servi
    ivshmem-server -p /var/run/ivshmem-server.pid  -S /tmp/ivshmem_socket  -M
ivshmem -m /dev/shm -l 1M -n 2
Next time i get this error:
    *** Example code, do not use in production ***
    cannot bind
And i search the problem on google, but nothing to get, hope you can help me
solve it.
following message is my host environment:
    host:  ubuntu 1604
    qemu:  version 2.10.90 (v2.11.0-rc0-dirty)
    libvirt:  libvirtd (libvirt) 3.9.0
    guest:    window 7 professor

Refer:

https://qemu.weilnetz.de/doc/qemu-doc.html#Inter_002dVM-Shared-Memory-device