qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v6 20/27] qmp: export qmp_dispatch_check_obj and a

From: Peter Xu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v6 20/27] qmp: export qmp_dispatch_check_obj and allow "id"
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:16:10 +0800

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 01:45:28PM +0000, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 04:45:50PM +0800, Peter Xu wrote:
> > We need this for earlier check for OOB, before reaching
> > do_qmp_dispatch().  Meanwhile, a small touch-up to allow "id" field,
> > after all we allow that for sure in the spec (in any form).
>
> This change would be better as part of the patch that needs it.  I don't
> understand the commit description and there is no context in this patch
> showing how this change is used.

Maybe I should mention it explicitly that "it'll be used in the
following up patch".

Logically I think this has nothing to do with OOB so I splitted it
out.  I would prefer it to be a separate patch (though I can enrich
the commit message).  Or, I'm also fine if you think squashing this
into next would be nicer.  Thanks,

--
Peter Xu