qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MTTCG External Halt

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MTTCG External Halt
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 12:13:19 -0500

On 03/01/2018 17:10, Alistair Francis wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm super stuck with an ugly MTTCG issue and was wondering
> if anyone had any ideas.
>
> In the Xilinx fork of QEMU (based on 2.11) we have a way for CPUs to
> halt other CPUs. This is used for example when the power control unit
> halts the ARM A53s. To do this we have internal GPIO signals that end
> up calling a function that basically does this:
>
> To halt:
>     cpu->halted = true;
>     cpu_interrupt(cpu, CPU_INTERRUPT_HALT);

cpu->halted = true should not be needed here.  It will be set by
cpu_handle_interrupt when processing CPU_INTERRUPT_HALT.

> To un-halt
>     cpu->halted = false;
>     cpu_reset_interrupt(cpu, CPU_INTERRUPT_HALT);

cpu->halted = false likewise should not be needed here, but you cannot
just clear CPU_INTERRUPT_HALT either.  You need to set a *different*
interrupt request bit (the dummy CPU_INTERRUPT_EXITTB will do) and
cpu_handle_halt will clear cpu->halted.

Paolo