qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Qemu Trace

From: Nesrine Zouari
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Qemu Trace
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 16:30:10 +0100

Hello,

I am a computer engineering student and I am actually working on my
graduation project at Lauterbach company. The project is about Qemu Trace
and as a future I would like to contribute this work to the main line.

My project is divided into two parts:

1/ Collecting the Guest trace data : The trace solution should be able to
provide:

            a/ Instruction flow Trace

            b/ Memory read/write access

            c/ Time Stamps.

            d/ For tracing rich operating systems that are using MMU, we
additionally need to trace the task switches.

2/ Sending the collected data to a third party tool for analysis.

My question is about the first part. I would like to know, which trace
backend that better fit my use case.

Regards,

Nesrine ZOUARI
Computer Engineering Student
Department of Computer Engineering and Applied Mathematics
National Engineering School of Sfax (ENIS)
University of Sfax-Tunisia
Tel: +216 52 620 475