qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu SDL2 bug

From: Howard Spoelstra
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu SDL2 bug
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 16:30:17 +0100

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 11:30 AM, Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:

>> > Which qemu version?  There have been a bunch of SDL2 fixes in the 2.12
>> > devel cycle already, so if you are on 2.11 still please try git master
>> > and see whenever that improves things.
>> >
>> > cheers,
>> >   Gerd
>> >

>> Hi.
>>
>> This was with my own qemu master builds as of yesterday.
>
> Including most recent ui pull request (commit
> 5e8d6a12d643a38b82a0a713a77d1192117dbdca) ?
>
> I'm wondering that you need Ctrl-Alt-G in the first place, sdl2 and gtk
> should have identical behavior here (i.e. no ctrl-alt-g needed in case a
> tablet or other absolute ptr device is present).
>
> cheers,
>   Gerd

Hi,

I went on to compile dgibson's rep which includes that commit. But the
issue remains.
I normally use -usb-mouse -usb-kbd in the command line, as these work
for Mac OS 9.x up to 10.5. Using -usb-tablet allows the mouse to
travel outside the GUI and seems to circumvent the issue in OSX
guests, but Mac OS 9.x  guests do not work with -usb-tablet.

Best,
Howard