qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Last call for release-critical fixes for 2.12

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Last call for release-critical fixes for 2.12
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 14:50:59 +0100

On 17 April 2018 at 14:19, Stefan Weil <address@hidden> wrote:
> Update po files? That's not a "must fix", but it would be nice to have
> those files synchronized with ui/gtk.c again.

Judging by the "POT-Creation-Date" timestamps, we haven't done
that for a year or so, so there doesn't seem to be a great
urgency to do it now.

Overall:
 * I don't really understand why we need to keep doing this;
   I tried "make -C po update" but all it did was update the
   date stamp and a bunch of comments in the .po files
 * If we do need to do this, we need to come up with a
   process (preferably automatic) that ensures that we do
   it in a more timely manner than "somebody mentions it
   on the day we're thinking of tagging the final rc"

Asking me to manually run a magic command I don't understand
doesn't really work, as you can see from how infrequently
it's happened.

thanks
-- PMM