qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v9 00/16] xen: xen-domid-restrict improvements

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v9 00/16] xen: xen-domid-restrict improvements
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 18:41:37 +0100

On 26 April 2018 at 18:36, Ian Jackson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Peter Maydell writes ("Re: [PULL v9 00/16] xen: xen-domid-restrict
> improvements"):
>> Hi -- my apply-pullreq script thinks this isn't a signed tag:
>>
>> error: remotes/iwj/for-upstream.depriv-2: cannot verify a non-tag object of
>> type commit. Does not appear to be a signed tag
>
> It isn't.  It's not a tag at all.  It's a branch.
>
>> We only apply signed-tag pull requests these days; could you
>> create and sign a tag and resend the pullreq, please? (You
>> only need to resend the cover letter, not the whole set of
>> patches.)
>
> I can do that.  Alternatively you could manually verify the signature
> on my email and observe that it mentions the correct commit hash.

I could, but I hope you will appreciate that I'm not terribly
interested in trying to fathom the mysteries of gpg in order
to deal with a single pull request that doesn't appear in
the form that my tooling expects it to be and that every other
pull request I deal with comes in...

>> (https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPullRequest
>> is our process documentation on pull requests, but I think
>> everything else with this one is fine.)
>
> I read that.  It does not say that the pull request must refer to a
> signed tag.  It says that the pull request must be signed, so I signed
> my pull request by feeding the email body to gnupg.

I have fixed the wiki page to be clearer about what we mean by
"signed pull requests".

> Anyway, would you like me to make a signed tag and send you an
> unsigned email referring to it, then ?

Yes, please. (You can sign the email as well if you like, but I'm
not going to be checking that, so it will be wasted effort :-)).

thanks
-- PMM