qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Translation block identification.

From: Rafael Kioji
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Translation block identification.
Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 17:28:44 +0800

Dear all,

During translation how can I identify what is the basic block of the guest code? I wanted to know whether the block being translated is the beginning of a function and get its name.

My current approach involves looking up the symbol associated with the first PC of the translation block. But no symbol is ever found. What I did was to add the following code in the function "translator_loop" at "accel/tcg/translator.c":

    printf("sym: %lu %s\n", tb->pc, lookup_symbol(tb->pc));

The function lookup_symbol is defined in the file "./disas.c". I am compiling my application with symbols (-g). My target arch is ARM.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Rafael