qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Is there a way to package QEMU binaries?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Is there a way to package QEMU binaries?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 09:52:45 +0100

On 12 June 2018 at 07:24, Peter Xu <address@hidden> wrote:
> For example, I wanted to compile QEMU once and install it on multiple
> systems.  What would be the suggested way to do so?

For this, I would recommend using whatever the packaging
format for those systems is. Eg for Debian use the existing
Debian QEMU packages, for Redhat systems use RPMs, etc.
If you want a newer version of QEMU than is in the distro's
packages, you can probably forward port the packaging parts
to a newer QEMU without too much pain.

Or you can use a distro-agnostic packaging tool of some sort;
there are a few out there but I have no particular recommendations.

thanks
-- PMM