qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/25] OpenRISC updates for 3.0

From: Stafford Horne
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/25] OpenRISC updates for 3.0
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 08:55:04 +0900

Hello Alex,

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018, 12:34 AM Alex Bennée <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stafford Horne <address@hidden> writes:
>
> <snip>
> > OpenRISC cleanups and Fixes for QEMU 3.0
>
> In the interests of getting the tests/tcg/openrisc stuff up and running
> again could you tell me if there are any distros that currently package
> the or1k compilers as cross compilers?

There are no distros, there is/was a copyright issue with the old gcc
toolchain.  However, that should be fixed now as I and Richard did a
cleanroom rewrite of the gcc backend for openrisc meaning we should be able
upstream after we sort out the last bugs.  I believe distros would be able
to pick it up after that.

Many of these fixes in this series were find during the compiler testing.

I use binaries I built here:

https://github.com/stffrdhrn/gcc/releases/tag/or1k-9.0.0-20180613

Perhaps you can use those?

Out of interest what do you develop/test on?

I test on Fedora 27 or so.  As mentioned above with my own toolchain.

-Stafford