qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] [PULL 0/2] ppc-for-3.0 queue 20180801

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] [PULL 0/2] ppc-for-3.0 queue 20180801
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 10:16:32 +0100

On 2 August 2018 at 08:08, David Gibson <address@hidden> wrote:
> The macio fix, however, *is* a regression from 2.12.  Whether it's
> severe enough to warrant another -rc, I'm not sure.  It is a bad
> pointer access which is, well, bad.  It doesn't seem to bite
> obviously, needing valgrind to pick it up, but possibly that's just
> luck.

I thought those introspection-bugs like the macio ones weren't
regressions ? Certainly the devices have been leaking a refcount
in their init methods for a long time. I don't view these as
very important bugs, though, as they only manifest if you
try to introspect fixed-always-present device/SoC objects,
which in practice I don't think anybody does except as
part of "test every device via introspection" test cases.

thanks
-- PMM