qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 6/7] monitor: move init global earlier

From: Wolfgang Bumiller
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 6/7] monitor: move init global earlier
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 10:21:09 +0200

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 06:14:11PM +0200, Markus Armbruster wrote:
> Wolfgang Bumiller <address@hidden> writes:

> >> Yep.
> >
> > Running into an issue with that approach though: the qmp_dispatcher_bh
> > is being used even without mon_iothread from out of
> > handle_qmp_command(). I'm not sure how to deal with this. I suppose it
> > depends on whether the qmp_* functions in this case would be coming in
> > from the main thread?
>
> Can you describe the issue in a bit more detail?

I was just getting code blind. monitor_iothread_init() creates the
thread as well as qmp_dispatcher_bh and qmp_respond_bh. For the latter
it passes the thread's AIO context. I thought it did that for both,
which would have been an issue when not creating the thread, but we only
need qmp_dispatcher_bh when no thread is used. It's used in
handle_qmp_command().
Sending patches to review in a bit.