qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QEMU and Kconfig

From: Samuel Ortiz
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QEMU and Kconfig
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 11:21:20 +0200

Hi All,

It seems that back in 2013, Paolo tried to start a GSoC project [1]
aimed at integrating Kconfig into QEMU and use it as its main
configuration framework.

I personally think that the rationale described in this GSoC project
is still valid today. However I'm not sure the project even started and
in any case it seems that none of it ever made it upstream.
Since this is something we may be able to start looking at, I'd like to
understand a few things:

- Are there any fundamental reasons why the QEMU maintainers think that
  Kconfig would not fit QEMU's configuration requirements?
- Are there other efforts currently going on for improving QEMU's
  configuration framework?
- Did this GSoC project ever started?

Cheers,
Samuel.