qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/28] pci, pc, virtio: fixes, features

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 00/28] pci, pc, virtio: fixes, features
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 11:24:25 +0000

On 27 October 2018 at 19:53, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> It looks like the test/acpi-test-data/ in the build directory
> has not been populated with the MCFG.mmio64 file -- some of
> the data files have symlinks from that directory back to the
> source directory, but some do not. This seems to be done in
> configure, but there is nothing in the makefile rules which
> causes configure to be rerun because there is a new file
> in your test data directory. A manual rerun of configure
> adds the missing symlinks and causes the test to pass.
>
> So I would characterise this as a makefile issue.

Is there a reason why we need to symlink all the data files
in tests/acpi-test-data/ individually, rather than just
having tests/acpi-test-data itself be a symlink back to
the directory in the source tree ? That would avoid this
problem; it's how we handle tests/acceptance and tests/data.

thanks
-- PMM