qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Hosted CI for FreeBSD - Cirrus CI

From: Ed Maste
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Hosted CI for FreeBSD - Cirrus CI
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 09:57:50 -0500

On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 at 04:54, Daniel P. Berrangé <address@hidden> wrote:

> Looking at this more generally I see they support Linux containers,
> native Windows containers, macOS and FreeBSD. IOW, they offer more
> platforms than our current Travis setup does and aren't stuck on an
> amcient Ubuntu version.

Indeed - having a hosted CI service to build on FreeBSD is something
I've wanted for a long time; so much better if one service can support
most or all platforms of interest.

> One key thing I can't find out is what, if any, limitations they put
> on resources used by the free service for OSS projects.  Does anyone
> know if they limit the number of concurrent build jobs like Travis
> does ? Do they put a fixed time limit on execution of a single job ?

I'm not sure what concurrency limits they have. I have empirically
discovered a 1hr limit for a job to complete, but I believe it can be
increased via the config file.