qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Implementing Memory Tag Extention - ARM

From: Vishnu Dev
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Implementing Memory Tag Extention - ARM
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 23:28:10 +0530

Hello,
I am a undergraduate Binary Exploitation enthusiast who would like to
participate in GSoC with qemu on some security related project . While
enquiring on IRC @agraf suggested a idea of implementing memory tag
extension on ARM, this seems to be a good project . I have some experience
reversing ARM binaries and exploitation on ARM architecture but have not
done any open source contribution but I feel GSoC will be a great
opportunity for me to begin and since I am really found of low level stuff,
qemu seems to be a good organization to work with . also Qemu have helped
me while working on ARM exploitation and Linux kernel Exploitation.

Is this project feasible to implement as a GSoC project this year .

Reference :
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/arm/mte
https://community.arm.com/processors/b/blog/posts/arm-a-profile-architecture-2018-developments-armv85a

--