qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] test-filter-mirror hangs

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] test-filter-mirror hangs
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 10:47:22 +0100

Please cc: me on QMP issues.

Jason Wang <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2019/1/24 上午3:53, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
>> * Jason Wang (address@hidden) wrote:

>>> Finally reproduced locally after hundreds (sometimes thousands) times of
>>> running.
>>>
>>> Bisection points to OOB monitor[1].
>>>
>>> It looks to me after OOB is used unconditionally we lose a barrier to make
>>> sure socket is connected before sending packets in test-filter-mirror.c. Is
>>> there any other similar and simple thing that we could do to kick the
>>> mainloop?
>> Do you mean the:
>>
>>      /* send a qmp command to guarantee that 'connected' is setting to true.
>> */
>>      qmp_discard_response(qts, "{ 'execute' : 'query-status'}");
>

> Yes.
>

>> why was that ever sufficient to know the socket was ready?
>

> It was suggested by Fam, I don't remember the details. Can we make
> sure all pending events has been processed (UNIX socket was set to
> connected) after query-status is returned with an non OOB monitor?

I'm afraid I lack context.  Which socket are you talking about?  The
test has at least the QMP socket, the send_sock[], and recv_sock.  What
exactly are you trying to accomplish?

By the way, mkstemp(sock_path) followed by unix_connect(sock_path, NULL)
looks rather fishy.  Why create a temporary file only to create a Unix
domain socket right over it?  Why is ignoring errors a good idea?